Rosemary, Ham and Swiss Frittatas
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 30 min | Total: 40 min | Servings:4..
| I make these things at least once a week. I really honestly don't know why, either! There is always a different flavor and the number of ingredient combinations is near endless, but ... it's easier and quicker to just whip up a batch of Poorly Cooked Eggs.|
HOWEVER, I probably make these things as often as I make Poorly Cooked Eggs. It takes twice as long and requires baking, but ... it's just ... creamier ... softer, perhaps. More yummier? I think because there's more cream in the eggs and that it's baked, mastication becomes a slightly more sultry experience.
Doing it this way also allows you to make more than you'd be able to in a single pan. Portions are also easier to hand out ... they're just beautiful little baked eggy cups of delight!
I also will put them in the oven and go take a shower, while they bake. Out of sight ... I will then refrigerate the remaining little pucks of goodness for another day. They hold quite well and reheat easily!
I do recommend non-stick Teflon pans for this kind of thing. The frittatas pop right out, but in a standard muffin tin ... they're likely get stuck ... and stay stuck, unless you butter the dickens out of the cups, in advance. That's right. The dickens. Another option would be to use cupcake liners.
|1/2 cup (56.8g) bacon bits||200||12||24||0||0||0||0|
|1/2 lb (227g) ham, cubed||356.53||16.03||46.74||4.01||0||0||4.01|
|1/2 lb (227g) swiss cheese, cubed||862.41||63.26||61.4||12.09||0||0||12.09|
|1 tbsp (2g) fresh rosemary, chopped||2.62||.12||.06||.42||.28||0||0.14|
|4 large (200g) whole eggs||286||20||26||2||0||0||2|
|1 1/4 cups (297.5g) cream, heavy whipping||1026.25||110||6.25||8.75||0||0||8.75|
|2 tbsp (30g) dijon mustard, whole grain||24.75||1.17||1.48||2.92||1.2||0||1.72|
|salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Totals (of 4 Servings):||2758.56||222.58g||165.93g||30.19g||1.48g||0g||28.71g|
|Per Serving:||689.64||55.65g||41.48g||7.55g||0.37g||0g||7.18g *|
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together your bacon, ham, swiss cheese and chopped rosemary.
- If you have seasoned Teflon or non-stick muffin pans, fill each of the 12 cups (possibly in two 6-cup pans) with a portion of the ham and cheese mixture. If you don't, spray the trays or butter them, heavily, then fill with the ham and cheese mixture.
- In the same mixing bowl, whisk together your eggs, cream, mustard and a small amount of salt and pepper.
- Evenly pour the egg mixture into each cup.
- Bake for about 23 minutes, or until puffy and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. They will fall, but they will also be easier to move around.
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note, I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and I believe would be of value to my readers.* Learn More: More about this recipe and nutrition ...